Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Project for The Canon Review

So for Christmas I got the WWE Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to World Wrestling Entertainment. It's actually quite a good book, filled with profiles and full color pictures of just about every superstar in WWE history up until about 2008 or so. Yes, it's missing a few wrestlers like Luther Reigns, Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon, but overall, it's a very detailed and informative look into WWE history. If I had to review it, I'd give it an 8.7 out of 10. However, that's not really the point of this post. The point is that I will be undertaking a new project in which I watch at least one video of every entry in this book. That includes wrestlers, tag teams, pay-per-views, whatever. To accomplish this, I have set a few guidelines for me to follow.

- I will be using Google Video to search for videos, and the video I watch will correspond with the page number that the subject's profile can be found on in the encylopedia. For example, Ahmed Johnson appears on page 9, so I will type in Ahmed Johnson and go down to the ninth video.
- In some cases, the subject will not have enough videos to match up with the page number. For example, Xanta Claus is on page 361. Well, Xanta Claus does not have 361 videos on the web. In this case, I would subtract the number of videos listed from the original page number. Let's say Xanta Claus has 228 videos (he doesn't, just using a random number here). Well, I would subtract that from 361, getting 133. Which means I would watch the 133rd video on the list.
- If I happen to type in a term and the corresponding video has nothing to do with the wrestler, I will then divide the number in half and continue to do so until I can watch a relevant video of the subject. That way, I won't end up watching a stupid v-log about Jeff Hardy just because the maker of the video typed in a bunch of names in order to get more hits.
- I will not limit myself to just WWF videos, but I will try to watch just wrestling videos. In the case of say, a Dan Severn, I might watch one of his UFC matches, but I will not be watching John Cena in a scene from the Marine or something like that. Also, if the video I get is just an interview, well, that's the video I will watch.

Well, that's that. I won't be doing this every day, maybe two or three times a week at most, with each post featuring around 15 videos or so. Hopefully, I'll be done with this by the end of the year, and have my first post on this project sometime tomorrow. Also, there will continue to be other posts on The Canon Review, like movie reviews and all the other stuff that has made this site the most popular site named thecanonreview.blogspot.com in the world. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask them either by leaving a comment or by sending me an e-mail at KtheC2001@gmail.com. You can also, as always, suggest a future review for the site by using the same methods of communication as described above. Now, here's Ken Patera dropping some knowledge on all you folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment