Sunday, May 16, 2010

Canon Restaurant Review: Bullfeathers Lakeside Grille & Tiki Hut

Earlier this evening, I had the chance to eat at a restaurant in Anderson, SC with the slightly unusual name of Bullfeathers' Lakeside Grille & Tiki Hut. Bullfeathers' is located on the shore of Lake Hartwell, and has an outdoor seating area right on the lake. The menu consists of a variety of items such as burgers, steaks, seafood, chicken wings, and some pasta as well. There is a fully-stocked bar on the premises, but I don't drink so it doesn't affect me one way or the other. The restaurant only opened a few months ago, but before that the location was a restaurant known as Charlie T's, a somewhat similar place, but the two do have some distinct differences.  Here are a few thoughts about my experience at Bullfeathers.

Myself, along with Canon Review reader Dickson S. and his father, arrived at the restaurant at around 7:30 or so. The place was busy, but far from packed. There were a lot of TVs on the wall, but for some reason about half of them were turned off, but I didn't go there to watch television so that's ok. The atmosphere there is rather loose, as most of the customers seemed to be dressed in T-shirts and jeans. The tables have four different sports logos on the surface. For example, our table had the logos of Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Wake Forest painted on the table. The walls have a lot of neon beer signs up, as well as posters of both the University of Clemson and University of South Carolina framed on the wall. Overall, Bullfeathers may not be the fanciest place, but it does have a laid-back atmosphere that makes anyone feel welcome.

So anyway, we order our food soon after. I ordered the Western Bacon Cheeseburger with a side order of fries, while my compatriots both order wings, and Dickson's father orders a chili cheeseburger as well. We get our drinks relatively fast. To be honest, my Dr. Pepper tasted a little flat, or at least my first glass did. Once I got a refill, the soda tasted fine. The food took a little while to prepare, but it wasn't as if we waited an unreasonably long time for it. The fries I received were waffle fries, like the fries you get a Chick-Fil-A. I didn't expect that, but they still were pretty good, so I'm not complaining. The burger I got was a third-pound of meat with both Provolone and Cheddar cheese melted on the burger, with lettuce, onions, and two slices of bacon on the burger. The menu said that the burger was supposed to also have some barbecue sauce, but to be honest, I didn't taste any. Nevertheless, it was a very good burger, as the meat was juicy and cooked just to my liking, and the generous amount of cheese on the burger really added a lot of flavor to it. I'd say it's the best burger that I have had ... in the past 3 days or so at least. To be honest, I don't exactly know how the others felt about the food, but they seemed to like it and the fact that they ate all of it is probably a sign that they felt favorably about the food. Our waitress was friendly and eager to serve, but to be frank, I don't think she's been doing this a long time, as she made a couple of mistakes and often seemed confused. But she did her best to fix her mistakes, and did an admirable job of doing so, so I won't penalize her for that.

Compared to the previous restaurant at this location, Charlie T's I found Bullfeathers to be an improvement. The one time I ate at Charlie T's, I had a similar meal and found the burger and other food to merely be decent. This time, I must say that I was quite satisfied with my meal, and would like to go there again in the future to try something different. Overall, I'll give Bullfeathers' a 7.49 out of 10. Well, thanks for reading, and if you any ideas for future posts, than either leave a comment on the blog or send them to me at e-mail at KtheC2001@gmail.com. Since writing about Bullfeathers has made me hungry, I think I'll go find something to eat now.

Bull Feathers on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. The second time around that I got the Wings they were not as good as the first time. The Grilled Wings before were very unique and were good. The wings now are not as desirable. Next time I shall try the burger that you guys got.

    -DS-

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will do the opposite and try the wings. SWERVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big beautiful deck and you can dock your boat. The restaurant is not dog friendly out on the deck. I guess Anderson is not Greenville and never will be---probably too many pit bulls in Anderson. Food is average.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "To be honest" this is the worst review I ever read. The reviewer did not tell me anything about the restaurant except that he maybe had a good burger. You shouldn't be "reviewing" anything.

    ReplyDelete